Carrier screening is ideal for couples who are planning for a baby. This test looks for genetic conditions that can be passed on from parent to children.
Am I a carrier?
No one can certainly say if you are a carrier or not. Carriers are healthy individuals with a set of genes that might cause thesevere genetic disorder. But he/she might hold a set of genes which might activate only if the other person in the couple has weaker or recessive genes.
There is a bunch of other factors involved such as age, ethnicity, lifestyle, environment etc.
What if my wife & I are carriers?
If both are carriers then there is a probability of 1 in 4 of having an affected baby
Can I get the test? Is it safe?
- Its completely safe to get a screening test.
- Anyone can take it regardless of age, race, ethnicity or sex.
- Taking the carrier screening test will ensure your genetic status
- Once tested you can surely consider your options and make informed decisions
- Highly trained & qualified technicians
- We use robust & proven Next generation sequencing (NGS) protocol
- Quality control for every batch
- Guaranteed results & lower chances of false positives
Things to Remember
- Genetic testing helps in making a predictive health forecast
- Many people suffer from depression, anxiety or guilt after the test. We recommend genetic counseling to prevent such emotional implications
- The results only describe the risk for a particular disease
- It doesnot say that you have the disease
- Regardless of the mutation only a few people develop the disease
- Out of 100 people who take genetic screen, there is a significant chance that only 25 might develop cancer
At Aaranya Biosciences we offer carrier screening genetic test for couples using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) & Fluorescent In-situ hybridization (FISH). Come see us discuss the benefits of taking a genetic screening test, we will be glad to answer all your concerns. This consultation can be arranged by your IVF clinic, all results will be kept confidential and only be shared with your consulting doctor.