Disease Models in Rodents and Zebra fish
Vivarium caters to disease model development in rat, mice, rabbits and zebra fish.
Laboratory Animal Models
Zebra fish Models
Experimental Protocol set up, customize study design, monitoring, reporting, data and statistical analysis for Preclinical Studies
Animal species: mice, rats, guinea pigs, hamsters, and rabbits and invertebrates like Zebra fish and you have the option to choose based on your end points
Route of administration: oral, subcutaneous, intradermal, intravenous, intraperitoneal, mixed with food and water, topical, retro-orbital, compounds added in fish tank, intramuscular
Measurements in biological fluids and organs: Plasma, urine, faeces, Blood and serum clinical chemistry, clinical observation, Dissection of organs and tissues, biochemical markers ( enzymes like GSH, SOD, catalase) , immunological markers, inflammatory markers( cytokine and interleukin) & IHC staining and gene markers histopathological observation
Technique: Imaging, Microscopy, special staining, absorbance, fluorescence, luminescence, blotting, RTPCR, gel electrophoresis
Lab Animal Research-Pharmacological efficacy animal Models and Toxicity: Animal models is conducted to mimic the biological process in disease condition and executed in rats, mice, rabbits, zebra fish and others are likely in their anatomy, physiology and reaction to various stimuli to human physiology and behavior.
Cardiometabolic disorders :
• Anticoagulant studies, MI/arrhythmias, Angina, Heart failure, Hypertension
Diabetic and Metabolic Models:
• Acute Dyslipidemia Model: corn oil / intralipid induced, streptozotocin/alloxan induced diabetes
• Chronic Model: High-Fat diet-induced obesity mouse model, zebra fish models
• Diet-induced obesity in rat, mice, zebra fish, Fructose-induced hypertriglyceridemia, Hypercholesterolemia model
• Asthma, COPD, Anaphylaxis /allergy
• Neurological disorders Memory/cognition, Anxiety, Depression, Epilepsy, ADHD, Brain & Spine Injury Models, Parkinson’s Disease, Cognition / Motivation, Schizophrenia & Mania, Alzheimer’s Disease-Scopolamine Treated Mice and zebra fish models, Catalepsy, Neuroinflammation, Analgesic models.
• TNBS, oxazolone, DSS induced colitis
• Collagen /Pristane /Adjuvant Induced Arthritis, osteoarthritis
• Carrageenan-induced chronic inflammatory arthritis
• Ulcers, GI transit time, GI emptying
• Tumor models – cell line/chemical induced Ovarian, Breast, Lung, Prostate, Brain, Gastric, Pancreatic, Colon, Epidermoid carcinoma, Melanoma, Leukaemia, etc.
• Dermal /Wound Healing / Burn Models/ Inflammation
• Diabetic retinopathy (DR) model-rodent and zebra fish , Choroidal neovascularization (CNV) model-Mouse, Rat, zebra fish , eye disease model- Glaucoma ocular model in Mouse, rat, rabbit and zebra fish
Immunization in rats, mice, rabbits for production of polyclonal antibodies. ELISA, Western blot, RTPCR, absorbance and fluorescence based assays are executed, live cell imaging with inverted microscope and florescence microscope
Cell proliferation and cytotoxicity
• Exploratory toxicity studies, pharmacokinetic study, Toxicokinetic profiling and PK/PD studies
• Acute, subacute, chronic toxicity studies in rats, mice, rabbits and zebra fish as per OECD/ICH/Regulatory guidelines, Oral, Intravenous, intraperitoneal injection, Histopathological studies and interpretation by veterinary pathologist
• Pharmacokinetics / Toxico-kinetics/ Metabolite Profiling/Excretion/Organ distribution
Disease models in rats mice rabbits and zebra fish. Include pharmacokinetics (PK), toxicokinetics and PK/PD pharmacodynamics studies. Therapeutic areas and disease models for inflammation, wound models, neurological behavioural models, neurological diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, cancer, diabetes, obesity, ocular diseases, angiogenesis, digestive diseases, movement disorders, schizophrenia, epilepsy, pain models